Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Corner Creek Reserve | Rating 74.5

After I dusted the bottle, twisted the cork and splashed, nice and neat, my first glass of this never seen before brown beauty into my glass, I gave her a sniff and then thought " I just wasted approximately 250 pesos. My first taste matched my first sniff. I stepped back and thought, this cannot be right. So I considered the fact that I had been on call for a week, which means no drinking, and took a look at the back of the bottle. The words "lightly filtered" for a "complex flavor" appear on their wine bottle Esq label. So I do, what so many consider sacrilegious, and give her a splash of bottled Texas spring water. There ya have it, the flavor goes from chewing on a Oak tree root to a very "complex" bourbon. Shortly there after I find myself 4 glasses in and smiling, thanks to this strong tasting oak juice with an almost spicy/cinnamon after taste. A little more edge to the flavor than my palate prefers, but for $24.97 a steal every time. If you can't get enough oak aging, this is for you. Dedicated to "Marvin and Sydney", I would have to say I would be dedicated to kicking Marvin's ass and giving Sydney (no matter what she looks like) the ol' Whiskey D after half a bottle of unique brown stuff. Give it a try.
  


Pric
e: Tag: 32.99, Paid: 24.97 (must of been on sale) for 750ml
  

Alcohol Content
: 88 proof
  

Ratin
g: 74.

--Doc Jason

ccbottle1_sidebar

No comments: