Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey | Rating 44

Since I had never heard of it and the bottle looks like something right out of the 19th century, I had to try it. Apparently invented by Augustus Bulleit, so it's got that going for it, which is nice. However, it seems this particular brand has been around only since 1987. And I think the proof is in the taste. I know I don't have to qualify this every time, but it doesn't taste "bad." It just has a distinct hint of dust or something...perhaps what frontier bourbon might have actually tasted like. At $20 I have to give this one a thumbs down for taste, but a thumbs up for authenticity. Of course, that is only one man's opinion. This whiskey won the gold medal at the 2004 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, so it obviously tickles the palate for some people (i.e. gays). Maybe worth a shot for you, pun intended. Thank you thank you I will be here all week. I will still savor every last drop until the next bottle finds its way into my liquor cabinet.

FYI
: 90 Proof. Just like on the frontier.
--Marc

moz-screenshot_sidebar

No comments: